[Harp-L] Subject: Re: James Conway: Brilliance on YouTube

Just came across a YouTube link to James Conway, playing some Blues,  picking
and singing too.  With an entire harp-l issue devoted to talk of  gear and
amplifying...listen to someone who needs nothing but himself and some  awesome
tone, as he showed so many of us at SPAH:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBhDW-VuUUE_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBhDW-VuUUE)

some unbelievable overtone singing, jawharp playing on this next clip I
hadn't seen before. Only James is capable of this (imho):

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKKscGSRhk_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKKscGSRhk)

...and here's a link explaining more of just what is Tuvan throat  singing

_http://www.ubu.com/ethno/soundings/tuva.html_
(http://www.ubu.com/ethno/soundings/tuva.html)

This one I've posted before, but can't resist doing so again....mainly
because it's so brilliantly done and with no gear, just himself creating music
from whole cloth that gets my bagpipe loving, Scots blood going:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXuAvj8WE0E_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXuAvj8WE0E)

tone, tone, tone......

and brilliance...as well as one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to  meet.
He has more videos/links..go discover them.  He's always  surprising.

Elizabeth

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)