[Harp-L] Feedback and Analog Delay

What effect does a delay pedal have with feedback through your
microphone?  Does delay exacerbate feedback?  If so, what can be done to
ameliorate it?

Lately I've noticed some really odd, harsh feedback at certain times when
recording.  It is at that point where feedback is just beginning to ring,
which can sound killer but now sounds metallic and obnoxious.  I suspect
first of all it is the room (too live) and it is the presence of delay from
the Ibanez AD-9 pedal.  The delay seems to make it worse.  Have you had any
experience with analog delay pedals contributing to ugly feedback noise?

-Spec20