[Harp-L] Re: Van Morrison-T.B. Sheets

Hi, Bob L.

I listened to that again and jotted down some quick notes.
Can't read my own writing, though, so this might be(and probably is) inaccurate.
Yes, you can play that on either a D or an A harp.
The difference is that it is easy as pie on an A harp and a bit challenging on the D.

Using the A harp, the top end stuff is all blow.
Goes something like: 9/10/9 /slur down to 7.(Very easy)
Using a D harp, it would be 8 draw, 9 blow, 8 draw /slur down to 6 blow.(awkward!)

Here's the bottom stuff:
A harp--4 blow/3 draw bent/ release to 4 blow
D harp--3 blow/2 draw bent/ release to 3 blow

The note at 6:03 is 8 blow on an A harp, 7 draw on a D harp.
The "wierd" note at 1:12 is coming from the organ.

Hope that helps.