[Harp-L] Subject: Re: Kris Kristofferson playing harp with/without the Highwaymen

The Highwaymen with Kris Kristofferson in the lead singing "Help Me Make it
Through the Night"...a quick glimpse of a harp player, with a slightly better
look at: 3:53
I thought it was someone other than Mickey Raphael?

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hle_obX-2I_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hle_obX-2I)

and just for sheer enjoyment...a closeup video of Kris singing the song the
way he originally wrote it with his then-wife, the gorgeous Rita Coolidge.
At least here it proves he did have a voice and could carry a tune..wasn't
always 'gravelly'.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaSrd8jgZu0_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaSrd8jgZu0)

Then: Here's Kris Kristofferson again playing guitar with a harp in a rack,
on "Loving Her was Easier"..I'm not sure if his apology at the end to the
'other  guys' was because of his harp playing ;)

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv8WNzCVAjI_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv8WNzCVAjI)

and here Willie Nelson takes the lead with The Highwaymen (Johnny  Cash, Kris
Kristofferson and Waylon Jennings) on the same song..with a fairly  decent
closeup of the harp player ..Mickey Raphael? - or did another harp player  tour
with the Highwaymen?  Looking at Mickey Raphael's personal sites,  there are
no photos or mentions of him touring with them, but only with Willie  Nelson's
personal tours, so I'm not sure at all..perhaps someone who has the  facts can
elucidate?

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zGGzsiA1dA_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zGGzsiA1dA)

Boy...sure wish now I'd had a chance to catch even one of their  tours.  This
was some lineup....

Elizabeth

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)