Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Norton not Ricci (or Mayall/Guthrie?) ;)

I was going by a couple of photos (used as album covers on either Amazon or
EBay) of early John Mayall..where he is sans wiry hair, or goatee.  He  looks
remarkably like the photo with Sonny Terry.  I've no idea if it's him  or
not..was merely surmising...if it WAS a video, it'd probably be easier  to
identify the guy...but a still photo on a slideshow is a lot more  difficult.

Agree about the hat.  Means nothing...since a lot of guys  back from the
'60's, '70's -on wore them.

I'd consider Rob and Madcat much more the authorities...I have no stake in
this other than historical accuracy ...was just a guess from a photo. But  am
mildly curious as to whom it ends up turning out to be.

Not sure they'll translate via harp-l, but here are the scanned photos
(though I've no idea at all how old Mayall was when they were taken):

_http://music.aol.com/album/back-to-the-roots/36693_
(http://music.aol.com/album/back-to-the-roots/36693)

this one from:The Blues alone album:

_http://music.aol.com/album/the-blues-alone/36678_
(http://music.aol.com/album/the-blues-alone/36678)

>From the John Mayall plays John Mayall album

_http://music.aol.com/album/john-mayall-plays-john-mayall/36676_
(http://music.aol.com/album/john-mayall-plays-john-mayall/36676)

and even this one..from the 1978 Last of the British Blues Album...where
he's 45? (if the photo's current to the album) ...but it gives an idea of  just
how a photo can make an individual look quite different from  themselves
'animated'.

_http://music.aol.com/album/last-of-the-british-blues/36709_
(http://music.aol.com/album/last-of-the-british-blues/36709)

"Message: 11