[Harp-L] JRNB & 46 Long in Cincinnati last night

Cancelled a previous commitment in order to see JRNB gig - Upset some friends
Winter storm warning all day yesterday
Rush home from work
Fast food from Wendy's
Live in Dayton, concert in northern Cincinnati
Snow and sleet accumulating
Wife and friends asking if we should really be driving in this stuff
Navigating unplowed back country roads
Made it to the (unplowed) highway
(Icy) windshield wipers tapping (terrible) time
I'm holding Patty's hand in mind (sorry I had to put that in for you Janis Joplin fans)
Actually white knuckle driving, headache and strained eyes
Made to the venue in 2 hours (should have been 45 minutes)
Paid the cover charge
Walked in just as Blake Taylor finished his last notes (sorry Blake and Jonathan)
Shook Blake's hand walked to our seats
Some people who have never seen Jason kept looking at me thinking, is that him - quite humorous
Ordered beers thinking stay sober the roads are only going to get worse

Seeing Jason Ricci and New Blood perform - PRICELESS ! ! !

Denny