re: [Harp-L] my first amp and mic??

My vote for a mic and amp combo for under $500 is either an Epiphone Valve Jr. Combo Amp http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480260 or a Kalamazoo from Greg Heumann at: http://www.blowsmeaway.com and a vintage green bullet or JT-30 with a CM element.  Either way you go you won't be dissatisfied.  You will need to switch the preamp tube (12AY7 or 12AU7) in the Epiphone but that'll cost you under $20. If you can afford it I would get a Kalamazoo from Greg Heumann if I were you.  He makes sure they are in top notch condition before they head out the door and you can count on getting a good one, which you can't necessarily do on ebay. It has great tone and it'll only get more valuable.  It'll also remain a great recording amp as you get more experienced, not to mention Greg is a great guy with great products.  It should still keep you under your $500 limit.  Just my two cents.

  Thanks,
  BrianP

Brian Purdy

Harp Gear Amplification