[Harp-L] Amp and mic

Hi,
  I hope you get lots of opinions and ideas.
  The question I have is, how loud are the local jams?
  I got a '59 Fender Bassman boutique so I could handle loud bands on stage. My other favorite amps in the 15 to 20 watt range won't cut it and micing amps on the fly can be frustrating (and worth learning). If I didn't play with ear bleed bands, then I would still love a 40 watt amp, but I wouldn't "need" it.
  One idea, I have used a 3-5 watt Supro amp and a Harp Commander III for gigs with bands at low, moderate, and high volumes. Per Ron Holmes very good manual, I hook up the Supro (or any nice bedroom amp) in the line-out and use it as a monitor. I put the amp on a chair and don't point it at any vocal mics or the guitarist(s). They can point their amp in your ear, however.
  The Holmes HC III has an effects loop and I have been using a Lone Wolf Harp Delay.
  The XLR line out goes to the PA and voila`.
  I still love playing straight into and amp, but the HC III is great for traveling, and practicing with head pones (very cool) when I stay in a motel. It emulates a tube amp well for crunch.
  Again, for 500, the choices are more limited, so the HC III is  just another idea.

  PS The Albuquerque Blues Connection kick butt. Joe Mancuso on harp.