[Harp-L] My first amp and mic??

First, let me state that I am just a local yokel who likes to go to jams.
The process of making music is what floats my boat, much more so than tinkering with gizmoes and whizbangs.
I have to agree 100% about taking just your harps and enthusiasm when you start out.
In addition, I recommend that you arrange your harps in the order of the "circle of fifths",(google it if you need to) whether you keep them in a case, a belt, lay them out on top of the bass players' amp or whatever.
That way if the band is in G, you just pick up the harp that is directly counter-clockwise of it.
It will automatically be a C harp and you won't have to fumble with charts and take a bunch of time trying to figure things out.(assuming you want to play in second position)
I have a Green Bullet. Too heavy for me as I have carpal tunnel.
I also have a Shaker Crystal which has a nice clean sound but feeds back like crazy.
Also, I have a Shaker Dynamic, which I like a whole bunch.Very responsive, nice sound and plenty inexpensive.(about $80.00)
If it ever breaks or "gets lost", I'm not out a fortune.
I just got a Madcat but haven't had time to mess with it yet.
The search function here will take you to lots of discussion re: Shaker Mics.
One thing I will add is that if your mics have GC(1/4 guitar cord ) ends, you should always carry an XLR connector(about 20 bucks) just in case that's how the house is set up.
Well, that's my 2 cents.( allowing for inflation)