[Harp-L] Range

I'm getting to experience a lot of great players through this blog. With all the links, you can jump to a web site and sample audio and video of some exciting stuff.

I'm seeing a great range of styles but not much diversity in genre's. So far it has been confined to mostly blues, jazz, rock, folk, country, traditional...the usual.

While I love all of these genre, it would be great to hear some players getting into some of the cool subgenre. For example, if you log on to I Tunes radio and check out the eclectic listings you'll here all kinds of genre defying artists carving out new territory. Sometimes there are some retro references set against electronica and other subgenre's.

Groups like The Propeller Heads, Chemical Brothers, Bonobo, Air, Mono, Postal Service can be heard.

There is this one channel that has a blues bent but will also take you out into unknown territory. It is called "Radio Antenna." Worth a listen.

Does anyone know of any players that are exploring like that?

Gary Popenoe