Re: [Harp-L] Stage Presence

Fruteland Jackson is another. He owns the stage. When you see Fruteland on stage, and he does play some harp, it's like he's singing for you in his living room. I couldn't agree with Venky more on Watermelon Slim. He is unbelievable and fascinating. I've always thought RIcci has good stage presence.

----- Original Message ----
From: "venkyr@xxxxxxx" <venkyr@xxxxxxx>
To: pdxharpdog@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 6:26:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Stage Presence

Just my $0.02....

Stage presence examples of some harp players that come to mind, in addition to those already covered in this thread and in no particular order...

(a) Rod Piazza
(b) Bobby Rush
(c) Watermelon Slim
(d) Mark Hummel
(e) Kim Wilson
(f) Billy Gibson

All well-dressed, very entertaining and connect beautifully with the crowd- mainly girls that come out to dance by the stage.