Re: [Harp-L] stage presence

You da man Steve. Jimmy is one  of the players that made me wanna play
myself.

     I missed out when this thread first started. I  been bizzy so ta speak.

   I was very lucky when I first started playing. I got to be in  a band that
backed up the Exiles from the age of 12 till when I was about 17.  This was
before the Exiles became country greats. They were rock then with  killer
vocals. Jimmy Stokley (God rest his soul) was the frontman, and I pretty  much
learned presence from him. He was intense, funny, and very athletic about
everything he did. I followed the leader and it did me well. No adays I can't  jump
around and leap off of speakers like I did, I'm doing blues always now so  it
doesn't really fit, but I can still be energetic, and enthusiastic about what
I'm doin'. Eye contact, and act like your having a great time and it will
spill  into the audience. Thank them every chance you get.

   I get so nervous I puke sometimes but after the first song it  all goes
away. I've been doing this for 38 years now. (damn has it been that  long?) I
play form the heart and I never really think about what I'm gonna do  and it
always comes out well. Sometimes better than others, but if I'm having a  good
time it shows and the audience does too.

           Randy
        BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 2/25/2008 1:01:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,