Re: [Harp-L] Re: tooth-picks and all that

Yikes Dave! I think maybe you should be playing quills cut from the local swamp instead of these new-fangled mouth harp machines!
RD

>>> David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 27/02/2008 15:22 >>>
"OK Dave; I sympathise....I'm such a nostalgic drip I actually have to work on myself or I'd never chuck anything. I suppose you repair your  footwear with boot tacks too?
RD"

Never thought about it Rick, but yes, it extends to footwear ;) I have my boots resoled by a local cobbler when the soles wear out. The boot heel is wood and it is attached with tacks. I can make rope out of tree bark, I shave with a straight razor, shoot longbows that I built myself and I butcher deer in my backyard instead of taking them to a processor like a normal person. I guess I fit the nailed harp profile pretty well, lol.

Dave