From: maynard silva <kingalleycat@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] stage presence
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 03:33:57 -0800 (PST)
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

 old Sonny Terry just sat there, and he  ALWAYS stole the show.
  the keys are  1 good music 2 believing in yourself 3 no wasted motion.
 when its time to not play, don't. but relax. if it's a listening gig, listen, don't play with gadgets, if it's a dance gig move a little bit with the music, but whatever you do, listen . then when you play, ease yourself into the flow of the music and concentrate on the sound. if you want to be a dancer or a showman, do not let these things interfere with your concentration on the music. true showmen only use enough theater to bring people into the music.
  it isn't ME ME ME you're saying it's FEEL THIS MUSIC !