[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 59, Issue 8

Joe Leone wrote:
<Actually, I am better as a guest or last minute add in. Before I play
<a REAL slot, I get sick. I actually get sick. It happened spah 02. I
<told Paul Davies I couldn't go on. Tall Paul (MR. diplomacy that he
<is) talked me out of it, and I finally did go on.

Red Skelton had a weekly live variety show on TV for something like 10 years, and before every single taping, he threw up. Then he'd go out and do an hour of brilliant comedy. I doubt the audience ever knew that performing was so nerve-wracking for him.

If you're not nervous before you perform, you're not paying attention. Not paying attention is more dangerous to the quality of the performance than a case of nerves.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter