[Harp-L] Hohner quality

As an inept craftsman it has always been a gamble for me to buy a harp. I've been using the Golden Melody for years. At times I use customizers. Lately it has been taking months for me to get one from them because (as per the customizers) the new Hohner stock of G.M. is so poor. This is not an argument in favor or disfavor of G.M.s relative to other diatonics: When they do work the form factor, plastic comb, volume, and price serve me pretty well (they're certainly not the greatest octave harp) and I've tried most. I'll continue trying others. But I do wish the GM was more dependable out of the box. My best. d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues