Re: [Harp-L] Hohner quality

I use Golden Melodies also. I started experiencing
some problems in the bends and OBS. A squealing  sounds
that you can get on OB on other brands not hohner.
and not on the bends. The customized Al Price version
plays so good it makes the out of the box seem almost
unplayalbe by comparison.

Since I'm not rich I'll have to learn how to do it myself.

Emile Diggs D'Amico

>>> dennis moriarty <dmoriarty@xxxxxxxxxx> 07/05/08 10:27 AM >>>
As an inept craftsman it has always been a gamble for me to buy a
harp. I've been using the Golden Melody for years. At times I use
customizers. Lately it has been taking months for me to get one from
them because (as per the customizers) the new Hohner stock of G.M. is
so poor. This is not an argument in favor or disfavor of G.M.s
relative to other diatonics: When they do work the form factor,
plastic comb, volume, and price serve me pretty well (they're
certainly not the greatest octave harp) and I've tried most. I'll
continue trying others. But I do wish the GM was more dependable out
of the box. My best. d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues