Re: [Harp-L] Re: was Seydel Endorsement, now Hohner quality

About 6 years ago I hammered a  4 hole draw in less than 1 hour playing in
my bedroom on the wood 1896.  Those I'd blow out faster than any other
harp.  The BLues Harps didn't blow like that.  Odd.  I like and continue to
play primarily Special 20's because I like the warm tone and the way they
feel on my lips and tongue (recessed plate) and the fact that they're much
warmer than Lee Oskars and Suzuki's  with that comb style and, to me, I
get a better full sounding octave with Sp 20's.

Note:  I'm not blowing them out like I used to and I think it's due to
hitting the notes a bit softer at first (like amp sag) and they may be a
little better quality like Steve Baker said.  Hohner had to do something
because they were losing alot of customers and with the internet it
allowed the smaller harp builders the access of  Mass Means Of Communication
throughout the world via the net.

The local music store gives me them to me for 25 bucks out the door and
that's 5 bucks cheaper than any online store without paying for shipping
too.  That's another huge factor in staying with Hohner.  That's still a far
cry from the 17 I used to get them for 5 years ago though, but their all
more expensive across the board.