[Harp-L] "thin" reeds

Several people have commented on the Hohner Marine Band Deluxe as having "thin" reeds.

I'm not sure what playing phenomenon which they are trying to describe, but last I knew the MB Deluxe uses the same reeds as all the other HM models from Hohner: the Marine Band, the Special 20 and the Golden Melody. The same reeds as are found (in fine tuned form) in the harps of Joe Filisko, Richard Sleigh and Jimmy Gordon (who only work on Hohner HM models).

Unless this has changed, whatever it is about the MB Deluxe which isn't satisfactory, it's not the reeds, and certainly not that they are "thin" in any physical sense.

JR "Bulldogge" Ross