Re: [Harp-L] the melodious gg speaks on OBs

Perhaps you'd like to expand further Dear Gypsy..........if that's possible.
RD

>>> "groovy gypsy" <groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx> 07/07/08 10:15 PM >>>
Dear Rick Dempster,

There is no Chris here so do not refer to me or him or us as such or who.
Secondly, we have many students to which we teach such methods from the
beginning. Take it under advisement that you're brain is most likely locked
into thinking it is not possible. You've teaching for 30 years? Then you
must be fabulous at teaching and playing and thus, correct. We here at gg,
LLC have only been in business for 19 years and teaching for 11. Maybe our
students will suddenly not be able to OB in the first five minutes (after
learning to bend) once we hit the 30 year mark. We will have to discuss it
with R&D and the Marketing Group.

You sir, are creating discouragement in young players, something that is the
hallmark of a poor player and teacher. Speaking of Chris, have you ever
considered the whys and hows of why and how he's developed his iconoclastic
vibrations of delight? It's because he believes it's possible to develope a
uniquely original voice in an environment where there are people who have
played for 30 odd years and can't carry a tune.

Thank you and toodles,

gg.