Re: How to do good throat vibrato WAS: [Harp-L] How ta lern to Play proply

Dear all,

Would you mind sharing your practical tips and tricks with regard to
throat vibrato. I'm still learning how to do it. My biggest issues are
mainly on the draw vibrato and slowing down my blow vibrato.
I think the tips and tricks I came across till now told me to start
from at slow pace, and then increase the pace. In my case, however, I
only can do in a very very fast pace, and I'm having trouble to make
my vibrato in a slow pace and is able to in touch with the music mood
I play. Well, my trick to do blow vibrato is to simulate laughing to
trigger my diaphragm vibrating... I just can't slow down the vibration
on my diaphragm ...

While I'm pretty good in sounding blow vibrato, I can't do it rightly
in draw vibrato... it's just soo bad.. that I can't put it when I'm
playing.. My trick to do draw vibrato is just try to do backward
laughing which triggers my diaphragm vibrating.

I was just wondering whether I am in the right direction or not. Is
there any tips and tricks, or recording in mp3 enlightening to learn
this great vibrato (e.g. giving examples of both draw and blow vibrato
from a very slow pace to a "musical" pace)

Any comments, tips & tricks is much appreciated..!!

Best Regards,
Arnold