Re: [Harp-L] Harmonicas and respect- Lil Walter

I don't know where you read that, but I don't think it's true.

There *were* some reports from people who knew him who said that in the '60s
he occasionally did local gigs as a guitarist...not as a sideman, but
fronting his own band, and not because of health issues, but because
of economic ones - playing guitar, he could do trio gigs, where he'd
have to do a quartet if he played harp.

Scott

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rick <rickmccallen2000@...>
wrote:

>    I have read that towards the end of his musical career, Little
Walter was playing the guitar as a side man because of his health
issues.