[Harp-L] Re: Steve Baker and Brendan Power in the house (and at SPAH) -

Hey Winslow, thanks for the positive vibes! I'd like to add that we're
equally lucky to have such knowledgeable and articulate people as
Winslow and Vern (among many others) on this list.

Though I work for Suzuki and am proud to play their harps (not least
because of their reed-life, which I think is the best around), firstly
I'm a harmonica player and a lover of the instrument. So it's great to
see the general standards of harmonica manufacture rising from ALL the
main companies (Hohner, Suzuki, Seydel, Tombo, Hering - and now new
companies like Bends on the scene). That's good for all harmonica
players, whatever brand they prefer.

I'm sure the same could be said of Steve, Rupert, Madcat and the others
who work for individual companies: they aim to promote their company's
harps but, like me, as harp players who love the instrument, they can
appreciate the improving quality and innovative ideas of rival
companies. Why not give praise where praise is due?

Winslow wrote:

"This is pretty amazing.

On this list, right now, we have two of the world's top harmonica
players, Steve Baker and Brendan Power, each employed by a major
harmonica manufacture (Hohner and Suzuki respectively), actually
discussing their company's products and commenting in a frank way from a
player's perspective.

Whatever you may think about the current state of products coming from
these two companies, I think it's great that these guys are here on
harp-l and speaking their own minds (i.e., not just parroting a company
line.)

I'm not here to tell you to be polite and not bash Hohner or Suzuki.
Steve and Brendan are big boys and they've heard it all before. <But
it's refreshing to have a counterpoint to the sometimes mindless Hohner
bashing (and to a much smaller  extent the Suzuki bashing) that
sometimes goes on here.

Why not come to SPAH and meet these guys in person?

Winslow"

I'm looking forward to SPAH, it's going to be a cracker!

Cheers,

Brendan
WEB: http://www.brendan-power.com <http://www.brendan-power.com/>