[Harp-L] Re: Steve Baker and Brendan Power in the house (and at SPAH)

Thanks for your kind words, Winslow, I greatly look forward to seeing you again. I think this is an amazing time for the harmonica. The kind of dialogue which increased competition in today's marketplace has helped stimulate is without parallel in the history of our instrument and can only be of benefit to players in the long run. Everybody is having to try harder and consumers are better informed and therefore more critical than ever before - witness the heated discussions taking place in this forum. I feel priveleged to be able to play a part in this development. In the course of my lengthy association with Hohner I've always seen the role of player's advocate as the most important part of my job. In the past this has sometimes been frustrating but at present I'm optimistic and would like to assure players that your concerns as voiced here are being taken seriously by the folks at Hohner.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at SPAH. I'm on the way to Tuscany in Italy for a week-long seminar starting Saturday and don't know if I'll have internet there, so may not be able to respond for a while,

Steve Baker
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com