[Harp-L] Re: Shure SM57 Impedance range

I was looking for some vocal mics that could double as amp mics and so looked for Shures on eBay.  It is impossible to tell what's fake and what's not on eBay, so being 'frugal' I opted to buy an imitation rather than a fake. Figured that if they admitted they weren't real Shures, at least the had some honesty!
A reputable local eBay dealer was offering Chinese made mics that looked the same as the Shure and had the same tech specs, with a money back guarantee if not satisfied.  I bought a pair (much cheaper than buying individually) and compared them in looks and sound to my son's genuine Shure (bought at the local reputable music shop).  Looked identical and we couldn't discern any difference in the sound.  As my son has just finished his diploma in Music Technology (Sound Engineering) he has a better ear for this stuff than me, and he couldn't pick the difference.

The brand I bought was 'Bock'.  The price was just a little over 1/10th (yes one tenth) of the 'real thing' Shure at the local music shop.  Shure prices in Australia are stupid, and the imitation was by far the best bang for the buck

YMMV
Maka

      Start at the new Yahoo!7 for a better online experience. www.yahoo7.com.au