Re: [Harp-L] Shure SM57 Impedance range

"Arnold Wiliem" wrote:
<Actually, what's the difference between the fake ones and the original
<ones? I know there must be some differences... since this is my first
<mic... I've no idea... When do we start to notice that the mic is fake
<while we're using the mic?

This is roughly equivalent to asking if there's any real difference between mics.

The first and most important difference is the way they sound, of course.  It takes a lot of engineering to make a mic sound great.  It takes no engineering at all to steal someone else's brand and sell your goods as theirs.

A second difference is the durability of the mic.  Shure mics are pretty hard to break.  That's part of the engineering too.

A third difference is the service.  Shure stands by its products, and their service is incredible.  I can testify to this based on personal experience.

If you put a fake side by side with a real Shure SM57, you'll hear the first difference.  If you drop both mics off a stage, you'll see the second difference.  If you try to send your broken fake in for service, you'll see the third difference.

Shure SM57s cost less than $100 new.  Buy from a reputable dealer and you'll be sure to get one.  The price difference isn't enough to make it worth going to Hng Kong for a deal.

Regards, Richard Hunter