Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Blues Harps/MBs same in '69? When was SP20 born?

I played Blues Harps when they first came out. They did, if you will recall, have a plastic comb. I went through them really fast and attributed it to the thinner reeds they were supposed to have. I didn't blow out the Marine Band reeds at anywhere the same rate, but I hated the wood comb which was largely untreated and had to be filed down regularly. In 1967, I bought a set of Hohner Orchester II harps (the Orchester I was a minor harp). These had a metal comb and really lasted forever. As a matter of fact, I still have a few of them and they still play well.

-LM