Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Blues Harps/MBs same in '69? When was SP20 born?

The Hohner Blues Harp has always had a wooden comb; it's never been plastic. Perhaps you're thinking of the Special 20.

Winslow

--- On Thu, 7/10/08, Larry Marks <larry.marks@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Larry Marks <larry.marks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Blues Harps/MBs same in '69? When was SP20 born?
To: "Ken Deifik" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 11:58 AM

I played Blues Harps when they first came out. They did, if you will
recall, have a plastic comb. I went through them really fast and
attributed it to the thinner reeds they were supposed to have. I didn't
blow out the Marine Band reeds at anywhere the same rate, but I hated
the wood comb which was largely untreated and had to be filed down
regularly. In 1967, I bought a set of Hohner Orchester II harps (the
Orchester I was a minor harp). These had a metal comb and really lasted
forever. As a matter of fact, I still have a few of them and they still
play well.

  -LM