Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Blues Harps/MBs same in '69? When was SP20 born?

Here in Great Britain, there was the "Echo Super Vamper" Identical to a 10
hole "Marine Band" Except for the inscription. About that time or a little
later, the "Blues Harp" came out (In the UK)
They were EXACTLY the same, both with wooden combs, EXCEPT for the cover
plates.
I bought my first Special 20 in Greece... In about '71.... They were not
available in England for another couple of years. That was the first harp I ever
played with a plastic comb.
All the best
John Walden
London
England

In a message dated 10/07/2008 13:30:18 Pacific Daylight Time,
larry.marks@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Winslow  Yerxa wrote:The reed plates were the same and they both had pear
wood  combs.
> The Hohner Blues Harp has always had a wooden comb; it's never  been
> plastic. Perhaps you're thinking of the Special  20.

Was there a special 20 in '67?  Our recollections differ  on this. I
first bought what was touted as a blues harp in the familiar  soft blue
plastic case. I seem to remember that one reason for trying it  was my
dislike of the wooden combs. But I cannot claim to remember much of  '67,
so I must defer to your and Ken's clearer  recollections.

-LM