[Harp-L] Re: Hohner Meisterklasse

Hello, Ken.

My Meisterklasse chromatic has never needed maintenance,  because it's not
played often. I had wanted to buy one when they were first  produced (1985-Steve
Baker and P.T. Gazell), but I couldn't afford the MK  chromatic at that time.

Then the MK chromatic disappeared for a few years. When Hohner re-issued an
"improved" version, I had the money, and didn't hesitate to buy one. I wasn't
sure it would be available for long.

The MK diatonic has always been easy to play, and I like the small size
(pre-Modular Series), compared to other diatonics. I bought one around 1995 or  so
(pre-Modular), and it's still working fine, although I did break a reed in
it.

Joe Filisko replaced the reed and tweaked the MK diatonic for me at a
Milwaukee Harmonica Club Expo (a day of harmonica at a local Milwaukee music
store), no charge. He was a guest clinician at the event.

Since then I've acquired a few more MK Modulars, and they work fine, also,
but they are a little longer, left to right, compared to the pre-modular  harp.

I've also tried the Suzuki Promaster and the Seydel Favorite and Seydel
Favorite with black aluminum comb.
All 3 of these are also great harps, but I still prefer the pre-mod
Meisterklasse.

John Broecker