[Harp-L] harp cover lids and the deep freeze

   Boy, to me there's a big difference between playing a Hohner Bluesharp
and a Hohner Big River and I put most of that on cover lids.  I think one
harp sounds muffled and warm and the other one sounds louder with more of a
"bark" or "bite".  Just my two cents.  I remember asking Joe Filisko about
covers in general and Joe felt the openings on the ends added treble.
   More food for thought.  I'm guessing enough time has passed by that I
won't get in trouble for revealing this.  Quite a while back, maybe fifteen
years ago; one of the leading harp customizers (not Filisko) confided to me
that he had gotten access to a lab with an extreme deep freeze set-up and
was experimenting with the effects of temperature altering the sound of
harmonicas.  I never found out what the results were; I'm guessing that the
guy got the idea after reading a very interesting article that appeared in
the Chicago Reader around that time:(
https://securesite.chireader.com/cgi-bin/Archive/abridged2.bat?path=1992/921211/CRYO1&search=deep-freezing%20musical%20instruments.
Anybody else done any experimenting in this area on harmonicas?

Mick Zaklan