[Harp-L] JAYPHATDelayDemo clip explained

The JAYPHATDelayDemo file at http://groups.google.com/group/harp-l/files/
is a demonstration of how impedance matching issues can cause tone
loss when you run a hi-impedance microphone into a non-harp-specific
delay pedal, which is likely to have an input impedance better suited
to a guitar than a hi-Z mic.  The simplest way to avoid that problem
is to use a Lone Wolf Harp Delay pedal, but the JAYPHAT impedance
matching box can help with other pedals.  I haven’t tried the JAYPHAT
with many delay pedals, like analog ones or the later-generation Boss
digitals like the DD-5, but the results you’ll hear in this file with
an older Boss DD-3 digital delay and the notorious Danelectro Danecho
should convince you that the JAYPHAT could help.  I stuck with an
MC-151 crystal w/ 5Meg pot on this clip; I put a segment with a CM
element and the Danecho at the end of the JAYPHATEV127CM file.

This file is done with my friend Sonny Boy Terry’s 1996 4x10 Blues
DeVille, which after nearly 2K gigs is held together mainly by dirt.
I replaced its electrolytics and input jacks two years ago and put in
a bias pot; otherwise stock, has the ceramic Fender speakers, not the
blue alnicos.   Its main tubes are quite worn and as a result the amp
distorts remarkably low on the volume knob.  I was in the same room
with the amp so it was trying to bite back with the delay pedals on,
but no more than usual.  I ran the JAYPHAT box at about unity gain,
there’s no boost/cut going on--volume changes are the result of input
impedance.  Decide for yourself whether the tone is richer/clearer
with or without the JAYPHAT.  I used SBT's amp partly because people
ask about the JAYPHAT's effect on big Fender amps, and also because
his example's so stock, no harp-friendly preamp tubes, etc.

I tried to explain everything else in the voice-over on the clip.
Sorry about the CM element/delay demo being done on another amp and
orphaned to another clip, but I just flat forgot to use the CM that
day and can’t import the segment I eventually did into this file
without re-editing the whole thing.