[Harp-L] Casuals Rig

Had a gig doing a showcase show where I had to cover several genre.

I took my new rig which is a Beringer (sp?)Xenyx mixer, Studio Projects VTB 1 tube pre amp, and a Presonus compressor all through one JBL Eon 10 powered PA speaker.

The mixer gives me the luxury of using several different mics for the gig.

This time I used a Sure SM 57 straight into channel 1 for folk, country and classical . I used a Beyer ( sp?) Dynamics mic through the VTB 1 then to the mixer for jazz and R&B. I used a Sure green bullit mic through the VTB 1, compressor and mixer for blues and some country.

While the blues configuration will never match some of the rigs I've read about in this blog, it was bluesy enough to get the idea across.

The SM is a great acoustic feel mic .

Another advantage of a mixer is that I can set up one mic for open mic play with hand vibrato and another for cupped play. Finally, I can sing through the SM 57.

Using different mics is like using different pickups on a guitar. I like the way it expands my range.

Sent from my iPhone