[Harp-L] Re: Kinder AFB vs.Harp commander

David-
If you are being required to run through the house backline, I would go Kinder AFB+. You did not say the PA is an option. It may very well be. But I would still choose the Kinder AFB+ for this reason; you NEVER KNOW who the soundman is.

In my experience, soundmen have a reputation amongst themselves. Some are known as "good", some "not so good". Why would you ever leave your sound in the hand of an unknown quantity?

The Harp Commander is a fine piece of gear. And it does give you a lot of options. But if you're running through the PA, the FINAL tailoring of your sound is at the whim of the soundman.

The Kinder AFB+ makes a whole lot of amps very usable. You can dial in an amount of "grit" using the AFB+. Set your tone controls on the amp.

For larger venues, they are going to mic your amp anyway. That's a non-issue. And in the event that they don't have enough mics to mic your amp, no problem. The Kinder AFB+ will allow you to be heard.

Ray.
--
My Music
www.resgraphics.com/music