RE: [Harp-L] Fun with Christelle

Elk River Dave posts:
>  bring up these two videos: > Video No 1... Benny Hill Chase> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs2Uc-2vJwE&feature=related> Video No. 2, Christelle playing Yackety Yak:> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLP45bm6Ut4&feature=email> Let the Benny Hill, video No. 1 run about 11 or 12 seconds and pause. Turn on Christelle video and watch the Benny Hill chase scene with harmonica backing.

Great job Christelle-
my critique is about articulation. More staccato is the next step. Listen to Boots Randolph play the original (Bennie Hill - which is called Yakety Sax) Boots is all about the chicken-picken, staccaato sound on that tune. Coincidently, Boots and King Curtis were contemporaries and friends. You can hear influences to and from both players. Dave - the tune Yakety YAK was from the Coasters featuring noe other thatn King Curtis palying in the aforementioned style!
Chet Atkins adapted the tune for guitar and called it Yakety Axe. More of that short hard attack type of articulation.

Christelle seems to be musically fearless, a great quality in a young player! Or any player for that matter.

Michael Peloquin http://www.harpsax.comhttp://www.myspace.com/harpsax