Re: [Harp-L] AKG Wireless

Brad,
  Is your JT-30 naturally hotter than your SM57?  How does the JT-30 sound, compared to the SM 57, connected directly to the amp?

  I have the AKG wireless too.  When I first bought it, the volume seemed low but I just turned up the volume knob on the receiver box.  Sounds fine with my SJ410 and Turner mic.  I turn up the receiver box about half way so I don't change the color of the sound too much.

  Also, there is a recessed gain control on the bug transmitter too.  You will need to use the special tool that comes with the bug to adjust the gain, though.  I haven't had to adjust the bug's gain and I have plenty of volume.

  The covers are for different transmission frequency versions of the bug.

  By the way, I use the little velcro pads that it comes with to attach the AKG bug to my mic (it has a recessed input jack) and it doesn't move at all.

  Dave Harris
    http://www.myspace.com/superdharris

Brad Hatfield <BHatfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  I just got an AKG snap-on wireless. When I use it, I crank the amp way up but I can still only barely hear it. I figure this is an impedance issue. Can someone tell me what to do? Do I get an impedance transformer? It works fine with my SM57 but not with my CM JT-30. I hope I didn't get the wrong one. I've only recently noticed that there are models with orange or grey on the battery cover. What's that about?