[Harp-L] RIP Joe Beck

a truly great and original Guitarist has passed here in the US on 7/22. Joe Beck was an amazing talent....here is a tribute to him guitarist Steve Kahn's website...Joe actually was Miles Davis' FIRST electric Gtr player.

I first met Joe when I was playing Harmonica on my FIRST jingle...a Yogurt commericial in NYC in 1979...

I'm sure Joe worked with every great Harmonica Player that came thru NY from 1970-to 2008

One night in New Jersey I was playing a live gig at a place called Shanghai Jazz and a felllow approaches me for Chromatic Lessons at the end of the gig....his name was Bob Beck (Joe's brother)...we became good friends and he has since become a member of our Harmonica community at SPAH and BUCKEYE...Bob is a Master Piano Technican and wonderful Harmonicist who loves playin his RENNY!,-)

My deepest condolences go out to Bob and his Family and the Music world has lost a GIANT...

RIP dear Joe

Rob Paparozzi