Re: [Harp-L] Re: New Sonny Jr. amp

"Splash" wrote:
<Man! I'd love to get a half-hour 'messin' around on some of these harp
<dedicated amps.
<
<I have a 68 Silver Super Reverb that was blackened back in '72 when I <got it and I don't care - it's the absolute bomb with a CM 50s Green <bullet. But is it really that much more awesome with one of these <4x10's or Crunchers etc? I put my Kzoo2 on top of the Super and <mic'em. I haven't wanted. I am not in a state of want.
<
<Am I in denial?
<
<Or a state of bliss?

You are experiencing gear lust. Like all lust, it's beyond reason. It comes from the loins, not the brain.

I own 3 lust-worthy electric harp setups, several mics that I like plenty, and a bunch of effects boxes that make very cool sounds. Every time I tweak my setup, I find that I'm satisfied with the sound for a year or so. Then I want something more. There's nothing wrong with the stuff. It still sounds great. I just want more--or different.

It's a big waste of time and money. The money is the least part of it. You can get more money. You can't get back the time that you spent chasing a new setup to replace the perfectly good setup(s) you already had.

It's lust, pure and simple. Fight it.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp