Re: Re: [Harp-L] bent reed

One of my XB40s has a dirty great kink in it's draw 3 reed. Still plays fine. This didn't happen during maintenance, so I assume it's happened simply through playing. Anyone seen that kind of thing before?
RD

>>> "john" <jjthaden@xxxxxxxxx> 29/07/2008 11:33 >>>
It may help you to know that the reed will be stiffest and most resistant to further bending right at the crease, because the metal's crystal structure will have been changed there by the first bend.

Best regards.
john
jjthaden@xxxxxxxxx
2008-07-28