Subject: Re: [Harp-L] re: was Sonny Jr now lust

hey ...wait a minute. i thought GAS stood for 'guitar acquisition
syndrome'....ergo HAS would be 'harmonica acquisition syndrome'..congas  CAS...and so on.

...now you guys have me completely befuddled by using it for melody makers
and amps! (though that last one would make an interestingly  pronounced
acronym)  ;)

Elizabeth

P.S. $90,000!  Holy $***!!  That's beyond sanity, as is even $640  for a used
(by anyone) diatonic...let alone $12 grand.

I have a guitar looks just like that one gathering dust in my music room,
Scott.  Only it doesn't say 'fender'. However, in every other detail  (shape,
colour, style), it's identical.  It was given to me at the end of  the 60's by a
TV Producer I knew who realized I was a poor kid, and  who had just gotten a
brand new one for his wife's birthday.  He gave me  both of her old electric
guitars.  I never owned an amp nor had any  clue about playing them, so they've
sat unused all these years. Gave one away  last year on Freecycle to a mother
whose kid was taking up guitar, and still  have one left.  Hey, that proves
the provenance, doesn't it?  Of  course he was fairly old then so I'm sure
they're both long gone but at least  one of their two sons was still making
commercials in New York, last I'd  heard. Somehow, though... I doubt it'll make me
rich ;)

Message: 11