[Harp-L] Whammer Jammer -- add 1

It has been several months since I checked Adam Gussow's web page, (Modern
Blues Harmonica) so I missed the following:

 "When I interviewed Magic Dick, he was quite open about where he got various
parts of "Whammer Jammer." I didn't realize, though, that he got the final
12-bars of the song from the end of James Cotton's original recording of "Rocket
88." It's on BLUES MASTERS: HARMONICA CLASSICS. Dick literally takes that
chorus note for note from Cotton. Amazing! I knew the opening was from Sonny
Boy's "Bye Bye Birdie," and later parts --warbles--are from Little Walter's "Back
Track," more or less. But "Rocket 88"? Check it out."

for the web page again:
\http://www.modernbluesharmonica.com/page/page/5686525.htm

from there you can click on the link to download the interview.

There you can download the 49-minute interview for those of you who missed it
when it was new several months ago.

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.