Re: [Harp-L] Bo Diddley Tribute on 3 June

Yes, I wish I could be there too, it looks like a NICE tribute to a real
legend Mr. Ellis McDaniel born MS in 1928. I was honored and fortunate
enough to briefly work with BO DIDDLEY in 1992 in NYC on a TV AD campaign
for "Mountain Dew" called GET VERTICAL with DEW...which I coached the Vocals
on as well as played the Harmonica...I spent the whole day with BO and he
was very knowledgeable about Blues Harp as he too played some. He had just
at that time relocated to New Mexico and was in LOVE with his new environs.

We also lost another heavy musician this week, the great Jimmy McGriff from
Philly, PA....I got to play some harp with him as well out here on the east
coast.....

I was just thinking how there are many left from the Chess era...we lost
Muddy, Walter, Wolf, and now BO....we still have Chuck....

In the Organ world this is ending an era as well....Groove Holmes, Jack
McDuff, Jimmy Smith, Charles Earland now McGRIFF! Still left is Dr, Lonnie
Smith but came a bit later born in 1942.....

RIP our musical friends
Rob P