[Harp-L] habitat show

I just wanted to thank all of you that supported us in our
Jason Ricci Habitat fundraiser this weekend.  We had harp-lers
from New York, New Jersey, even Pennsylvania.  The band was terrific,
as usual.  Gina Fox sang a number of songs, and Bob Lanza sat in on
guitar for a few.  Everyone had a great time, near as I could tell.

Mostly I want to thank Jason and the band, though, for going through
so much to help us out, for no reason other than that they want to be
a part of it. Despite having barely slept in days, Jason got up early
Sunday morning and came up to talk to the youth group for several hours.
I hope he got a lot out of that, i know the kids did.  You can't ask
for better friends than this.  We are truly blessed.

The recording is up on the archive, at:
http://www.archive.org/details/jrnb2008-05-31.flac16
so those of you who came can relive it, and those who didn't may be
inspired for next year.  Hopefully some of you will write a review,
using the link near the bottom of the page.

My only regret is that I pretty much missed the whole thing.  Even when
I was in the room, I was so preoccupied with everything i had going on
that it mostly blew past me.  Not until I heard the recording did I
appreciate how great it must have been.  Damn.

I got home Sunday afternoon and pretty much collapsed.  Been running
on empty for weeks now, and it all caught up to me.  Now the real work
starts, getting our act together for the trip itself...gulp.

--
Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me.
I'm a blues man.  I am a prisoner of hope.