Re: [Harp-L] XB-40 replacement valves

You certainly don't need to buy a new harp just for a valve or two!

In the US, Hohner supplies valves for a modest fee (and sometimes gives them away). I don't know who the Hohner concessionaire is in the UK, but that's one possibility. The other possibility that comes to mind is getting in touch with members of the NHL - National (i.e. UK) Harmonica League. One of the members will surely either be able to supply you with valves or point you to a source:

http://harmonica.co.uk/

You might also approach people in the UK who repair harmonicas, such as Anthony Dannecker or Brendan Power (though I think he's presently on hiatus from doing repair). Not to attach a couple of values, which is dead easy, but as a source for valves.

Once you find a source, I would recommend securing a supply of multiples of valves in every size so that you always have what you need in future.

Hope this helps.

Winslow