To: "Barry F. Cohen" <kates-cohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Eric Clapton Concert

Remember that the harp is considered by most to be a color instrument and not always essential to the sound.

Gary Popenoe

On Jun 5, 2008, at 10:55 AM, "Barry F. Cohen" <kates-cohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

Hi List,

Saw an a amazing Eric Clapton performance last night in the Boston, Massachusetts area. He was at his (usual) God-like best and side kick Doyle Brammal ain't
too shabby either! My only complaint, with such a heavy blues set including songs like Key To The Highway, Got My Mojo Working, and many other all-time blues classics; where's the damn harp?! Was hoping local resident Jerry Portnoy would show up or maybe even Annie Raines, but alas - not even a 'Gus' in the house - let alone a pro harpoonist!!

Funny though, my guitarist bandmates didn't seem to mind the absence of harp!!

Peace list!

Barry Cohen
http://www.myspace.com/gracieblues
http://www.myspace.com/barrycohenakamash