From: "jcolbyspell@xxxxxxxx" <jcolbyspell@xxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 9, 2008 1:03:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Old Marine Band (grandaddy of all Marine Bands)

It does say U.S.A. Patent August 24th 1897.  Which is why I guessed the 20's and not earlier.  It does not have a groove in the front for the cover plates to sit in.  Even though everything on it is pretty loose, it does not lose a lot of air.  As you can see, it is a key of C.  If you check out my sight, some of you have already, you will see some other gems from my meager collection.  But for something completely different I also enjoy playing my Suzuki Harpmaster that is always in my pocket.  It is a good expendable harp.  Here is the link to my site.  http://fromthedarkvillage.blogspot.com/