[Harp-L] Fresh From A Workshop, I tackle "The Un-Natural Octave"

It's all true, of course!
I attended the harmonica workshop held last week at the Kerrville Folk
Festival.  It was a three dayer... With Michael Rubin, Rob Roy Parnell and
Peter "Mad Cat" Ruth instructing.
All I can say is... That if you've been "diagnosed" as an intermediate level
player... And you want to be inspired..., you should attend such a workshop
if the opportunity comes your way.
Among the !!many!! Possibilities I brought back in terms of things to work
on are the octaves to be had on the diatonic by sounding only draws eight
and four or seven and three.
And... While in a state of octave-obsessed ecstasy... I discovered that you
might double-bend three, block four and five and sound six to get the octave
(for instance) a on a c diatonic.
And it's about this last one that I guess I'm wondering...  Does anyone else
in the world use this as a dependable chop?
What I'd like to do is become proficient enough at all the above-mentioned
octave constructs such that I could incorporate them in a downward run in a
solo as eighth notes quickly going from the eight/four, seven/three and then
the six/double-bend-three ending up on the  six/three blow.
(I realize I entered all these note pairs/holes-sounded from high to
low/right-to-left which might be backward.  Have mercy!!)
Also, I know octave harps exist if I wanted to drown the world in octaves.
I'm mainly doing this for dexterity and because, after hearing "Mad Cat"
play, I'm under the delusion that if one tried hard enough, one might do
!!anything!! (Drive on the freeway!  Perform brain surgery where the brain
was missing in both patient and surgeon...  "Command that these stones be
made bread")
With one diatonic harmonica.

So in summary, does anyone use the double-bend three draw with the six hole
to attain to one more "un-natural" octave?
Brad (Octavian Caesar) Trainham