Re: [Harp-L] Sennheiser e604

once it's not clearly shown on the frequency response chart in the manual, then it's worth checking any other mic's manual to have an idea.

As for this mic, the second - upper - curve illustrates the increase of the signal level at the lower frequency range due to the proximity effect - in this case within the 40 - 700 Hz range.

For you to know, the original curve goes down as low as to -66 dBV at 40 Hz - distance of 1 meter - approx 3 ft, and the upper, dotted, curve - to some -51 dBV at 40Hz - distance of 5 cm - approx 5 inches. So, the difference is some 15 dB, which means that when you hold the mic in your hand and play the harp you'll get much fuller, fatter sound, especially valuable in blues.

Hope it helps,

Alex

>>> "Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12.06.2008 19:19:18 >>>
I don't know, John, I don't have a better resolution version of the
graph to be able to read the labels.  Sounds like your assumption
about proximity is probably a good one, in which case the graph
legend would be mic distances, but I don't know what they are.

-tim