[Harp-L] "SPAH Fever"

Oh well it was inevitable.I am already starting to get the early pangs and
twitches in anticipation of SPAH 2008! I am excited that I will be involved
with many things this year. On Thursday and Friday morning I will have my
"Blues for Breakfast" discussion groups. Rumor has it there will be a fresh
pot of free coffee nearby! What a great way to start the day and shake off
the late night cob webs.

I am also very pleased that I have been asked to moderate the Charlie
Musselwhite Q&A session again. Last year we had a room that was over
crowded.I am hoping that we can get a bigger room this year so all can
comfortably enjoy the presence of a true blues harp legend as he shares his
wealth of information and stories. Start thinking of your questions
now..remember the more you ask the more Warren Bee shuts his big mouth :-)!

LJ Atkison, who is coordinating the seminars this year, has asked me to also
host one more seminar. We are calling it Square One Harmonica. This will be
for the true harmonica virgins who really haven't a clue what direction they
are headed yet. They just love the instrument and wanna join the fun. Every
year we get a handful of folks that could use a little prep before wading
into the deep end of the pool. We will discuss the diatonic and chromatic.
How to choose the best harp for your interest and needs. How to wade through
all of the SPAH offerings and get the best results without being too
intimidated and overwhelmed. I am asking all of my fellow harpers to
consider helping me out on this one. It will just be an hour sometime early
on Wednesday. Sometimes new folks in a strange environment full of strangers
can use a little one-on-one time. The first person I would like to reach out
to is Michael Rubin.he has started a tradition of prepping newbie's to the
jamming experiences that they will encounter at SPAH. He really has a gift
for teaching and encouraging. Michael please give me a shout so we can
discuss. All others are encouraged to contact me off-list to help out if
they can.

And last but surely not least I will be working along side our beloved Buzz
Krantz as he runs the legendary late night blues jams. He runs the show but
every now and then I will be able to provide him the space that will let him
wander around a bit and play in other sandboxes. He has worked so hard all
of these years sacrificing every single night for the benefit of others.now
he can hit the jazz jam or just plain take a well deserved break whenever he
feels like it. "Santa Blues" it is an honor to be one of your little blues
elves..well not that little :-)

Warren Bee