[Harp-L] AFB+ and smaller amps

While we're on the AFB+ subject:
I played last Friday and Saturday night with my Harp Gear Double Trouble (2x8"). That's a 2 6V6 amp for those who may not know.  I used the lineout to the house.  But the point is, with the AFB+, I had stage volume to spare. I had stopped using the DT in this band because I felt I needed more stage volume -- 7 piece this weekend (2 horns), and I was
right in front of the drums. No problem last weekend with the AFB+ -- I had the volume knob at 4 -- I didn't try it at the venue but I think I could have gone to 7 w/o feedback and w/o turning the afb+ knobs up higher than I like -- so like I said, lots of room to spare (Just FYI, I had an AX preamp -- AY is stock). Lesson?: If you think you need a larger amp for stage volume, the afb+ just might be all you need.
--jk